The name of the Society : THE BUDDHIST SOCIETY OF INDIA.
The objects of the Society :
- To promote the spread of Buddhism in India.
- To establish temples for Buddhist worship.
- To establish schools and colleges for religious and scientific subjects.
- To establish orphanages, hospitals and relief centres.
- To start Buddhist Seminaries for the preparation of workers for the spread of Buddhism.
- To promote comparative study of all religions.
- To undertake publication of Buddhist Literature and to issue leaflets and pamphlets for giving a true understanding of the Buddhist religion to the common mass.
- To create a new order of priests, if it becomes necessary to do so.
- To establish a press or presses for the purposes of carrying on the work of publication.
- To hold gatherings and conferences of the Buddists of India for common action and to establish fellowship.
The name, address and occupation of the President who is entrusted with the function of managing affairs of the Society are as under:—
|Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar||26, Alipore Road, Civil lines, Delhi.||Bar-at-Law|
The names of the members of the Society with their occupations and addresses :
|(Sd.) Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar||26, Alipore Road, Civil lines, Delhi.||Barrister-at-Law|
|(Sd.) Madhav G. Malvankar||68, Hughes Road, Bombay-7.||Medical Consultant|
|(Sd.) C. S.Pillai||Mherwan Building, 2nd Floor, Sir P. Mehta Road, Bombay-1.||Architect|
|(Sd.) Bhalchandra K. Kabir||59, Portuguese Church Road, Dadar, Bombay-28.||Service|
|(Sd.) Bhagawant Sayaji Gaikwad||Plot No. 10, Road No. 19. Khar, Bombay-21.||Service|
|(Sd.) S. D. Gaikwad||Siddharth College. Anand Bhavan, Dr. D. Naoroji Road, Bombay-1.||Service|
|(Sd.) Kashiram Vishram Sawadkar||B.D.D. Chawl No. 15, ‘B’, Room, No. 32, Naigaum, Bombay-14.||Service|